The end of a good film is always the start of an interesting conversation.

Where it goes after that is up to us.

Any era or genre, it's all accepted here. Let the Detour begin...

Monday, January 25, 2010

day 25 - Top 5 Upchuck Scenes

OK film fans, it's Monday night and I'm coming down with a cold. As you may know, sick is officially a four-lettered word in the workplace so I can look forward to dragging my ass in and feeling horrible all week. In honor of this enjoyable process, I give you the Top 5 Upchuck Scenes, and I think you know what I mean.

5. Sandlot Chewing Tobacco + Children + Tilt a Whirl = A crowd covered in nasty brown liquid chaw. I wasn't able to find the full scene of them on the ride, but you get the idea of where it's going from the clip. My first attempt was actually more visually stunning than this scene. When I was in high school, no I won't say what year, a group of us were at the local bowling alley in between parties on a Saturday Night. Not wanting to lose my buzz I thought I'd try a chew of Cope(enhagen). Always a good call when you have a stomach full of beer. Not being able to spit into a cup in the proper chew spittin' manner, after about a half an hour I managed to gut about half the chew. Feeling queasy, I got up from the table and begin to walk to the bathroom. By the time I reached the door I was at a full sprint and as I opened the door I launched a projectile wall of chaw soup that would have made Linda Blair proud. Unfortunately since I was running at the time I couldn't stop and ended up sliding on my own chew carpet across the entire length of the bathroom, hitting the back wall and having to grab the stall door to keep from ending up with a back full of chew hurl. Good times, good times.

4. I Love You, Man Bromances are so 2009, but hurling after chugging a beer, timeless. Hurling directly on a friend after chugging a beer, Epic.

3. The Exorcist This is perhaps the one, single film I've ever been truly freaked out by. It's difficult, at least for me, to watch it and say "This is only a film." This scene is just one of many that have lived in the collective pop culture minds of America for decades. No one could ever look at split pea soup the same again.

2. The Meaning of Life Monty Python and their wonderful, twisted little minds brought us the unforgettable Mr. Creosote. Maitre d': Good evening sir and how are we today? Mr. Creosote: Better. Maitre d': Better? Mr. Creosote: Better get a bucket. I'm gonna throw up.

1. Team America: World Police You gotta love a whole film made with Marionettes! And much like my favorite scene from Hot Rod, the boys from South Park know how to take a funny moment, hold it until it isn't funny anymore and then hold it even longer until it comes full circle.

1 comment:

  1. I am almost ashamed to admit that as a woman, I have seen and laughed my ass-off on EACH of your top 5 picks! Although I would switch your 3 and 4 picks. My husband and I rewound and watched (Rudd) shout "In your face" at least a half-dozen times giggling like children each time! Yup, Good Times indeed! Even now I'm laughing! Oh-I needed a good laugh today-THANKS!

    ReplyDelete